Trailer Training London
If you need towing courses for towing a trailer, horse box or caravan for work
or pleasure, it is important you check your licence entitlements, as things changed in 1997. Find the best towing courses in London, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Middlesex at great value.
Legislation changes for towing courses
From the 19th of January 2013, drivers who pass the Category B (for car and small vehicles) test are only
entitled to tow trailers that weigh no greater than 750kg or trailers that weigh in excess of 750kg
where the total weight of the vehicle and trailer is no greater than 3,500kg.
Licence to tow a trailer
Driver considering towing a trailer that do not conform to these standards will be
required to pass an additional trailer test to grant them B+E status, through one of our towing courses. B+E entitlement on your driving
licence provides drivers with the ability to then tow trailers up to a weight of 3,500kg.
If you obtained your licence after the 1st of January 1997 and you hold the standard Category B
licence, you are allowed to drive a car up to 3,500kg and restricted to towing a trailer up to 750kg.
This licence also entitles a driver to tow a trailer over 750kg, if the trailer does not go over the
unladen weight of the towing car and that the combination of the car and trailer does not exceed
Anyone that has obtained their licence before the 1st of January 1997 is entitled to drive a car and a
trailer with a combined weight of 8,250kg. This licence also entitles the driver to drive a minibus that
is towing a trailer in excess of 750kg.
Towing Courses in London
Our London training team
is led by Stephen Bell, who is a fully trained DSA (the Driving Standards Agency) Approved Driving
and an advance driving instructor, with 12 years police advance driving experience.
we are proud to say that we are members of the
- Driving Instructors Association (the DIA)
- Motor Schools Association (the MSA)
- Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) and
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accident (RoSPA)
We provide a range of Towing courses
Our London towing courses include:
- Advance/ Test Ready course
- Intermediate course
- Beginners Course
- Focused one to one training
Towing Courses coverage
Our trailer training London services are on hand and we cover a great part of the capital and the
outer reaches of London. As well as providing training and testing in London, we are happy to
provide support in:
|Call Now on 020 8242 6170|
We have a unique approach to teaching and we have several different methodologies as well as aids to help you at every step of driving. We aim to enable you to pass your test in the quickest time.
We have qualified and the most experienced instructors. They are experienced in offering:
- LGV/HGV training – Our qualified trainers offer valuable LGV & HGV Training in London.
- PCV training – Our trainers provide PCV & bus driving training & courses in London.
- Trailer towing lessons – We offer certified trailer towing lessons & courses to pass your towing test.
- Trailer driving lessons – We offer trailer driving lessons to prepare you to pass the B+E trailer test.
- B+E (Car & Trailer) – We offer B+E car and trailer training to individuals as per their needs.
If you would like more information about towing courses coverage, driving lessons in Bedfordshire or Hertfordshire, LGV training, PCV training, trailer test or trailer training, we provide in these areas, please get in contact with us.